23 January 2009

Admitted

Dad was admitted to Franklin Square Hospital this afternoon. He was having difficulty breathing and called the oncologist. The oncologist saw him and told him to go to the emergency room. They thought he might have a blood clot in his lung, so they sent him for a CT scan.

Mom called me back later and told me that Dad did not have a blood clot (thank God!) but did have fluid built up in the sac around his lungs. That pressure was causing the breathing difficulties. Tomorrow, Dad will have the fluid drained. I don't know when the procedure will take place; just some time tomorrow. Chris is going to stay with Mom tonight and Jason and I will be there tomorrow.

Please keep the prayers and good thoughts directed towards Dad (as well as the rest of us!).

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Our thoughts and best wishes are with all of you! I hope the procedure goes smoothly and that your dad feels better soon.