12 January 2011

Paying It Forward

I'm sure you've all seen the commercial were little acts of kindness are done while someone else is witness to the act and then they continue to pay it forward. After the start of the New Year on FB, a friend from high school posted about Paying it Forward of the handmade variety.

The deal is that if you responded to the post, they are to "pay it forward" with something handmade to you and then you are to continue in that vein. I decided that this was something that I wanted to do since I am a bit crafty and have two of those XL Ziploc bags (plus some) full of yarn. I have my five respondents to send handmade to already (check out status on FB) and have decided that once I have those finished (which will be a challenge with an almost 10 month old) I will post again, one project at a time.

Currently, I am about 1/2 way finished my first project. It's a pattern that I've wanted to complete, helps me de-stash some of my yarn and I love how it's turning out! I have two recipients in mind that the colors will fit perfectly...decisions! The decision might not be too difficult since I have enough of this particular yarn to complete two of this pattern...we shall see!

Once projects are finished and presented to their intended recipient, I will post pictures here as well as information on the patterns. (Finally, a knitting post!)

No comments: