08 May 2008

Yarny Goodness

Maryland Sheep & Wool was great! My knitting buddy, Knitea, mentioned that we seemed to be going more quickly through the booths this year than last. I agreed with her. I think we weren't as overwhelmed (last year was our first year going) and knew which vendors we wanted to look at first and even found a few new ones. I didn't purchase as much yarn as last year, but I did get three skeins of sock yarn-1 from Brooks Farm (acero) and 2 from Maple Creek Farm. I also succumbed to peer pressure and bought a drop spindle to spin some of my own yarny goodness. This purchase also required me to buy some roving so that I could spin some yarn! The roving that I bought is a blend of blues (surprise!) with some other colors as well. I bought this particular roving because I would like to ply it with some other fiber that I already have-from a blog contest that I won in the Fall. (Pictures will be coming shortly...)

We're off to Kansas City tonight for a mini vacation. Of course the mini vacation is centered around our national pastime-baseball! Hopefully the O's will win a game while we're there! (I'm keeping my fingers crossed!)

No comments: