23 February 2007

Secret Pal 10

Here is the questionnaire for Secret Pal 10:

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I love all yarn...there never seems to be enough of it! I can't say that there is a yarn that I absolutely do NOT like. I can't seem to leave my LYS without some sort of sock yarn...it's my version of candy! My husband bought Arctic Lace for me for Valentine's Day. I have yet to buy any lace weight yarn to make any of the gorgeous patterns, but I am trying to finish some of my UFOs.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
My needles are in a case that my hubby gave me for Christmas a few years ago.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I've been knitting for a little over 3 years. I taught myself! I would consider my skill level to be intermediate.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I do have an Amazon wish list
5. What's your favorite scent?
My favorite scent is Coconut Lime Verbena (Bath & Body Works), cinnamon, but NOTHING flowery!
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Can't eat any candy :-( But I like all kinds of nuts (protein, protein, protein)
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I enjoy scrapbooking. I do not spin, but would like to learn one day!
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like pop/classic rock/'80s tunes. My computer and iPod play MP3s.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
My favorite colors are blue and yellow. I'm not all that fond of orange, but I don't hate it!
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I am happily married and have one cat.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Yes, yes, yes, not really (but I only have one!)
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
SOCKS!
13. What are you knitting right now?
Socks, afghan, hats, shawl
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
I LOVE handmade gifts.
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I prefer circulars with large projects, but straights are good, too! I definitely like bamboo needles. I also love the addi turbo metal needles!
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
No, I do not own either.
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
About a month old
18. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas
19. Is there anything that you collect?
Elephant figurines (only with the trunk up-it's good luck!)
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I'm interested in everything to do with knitting! I do get Creative Knitting and Knit Simple by Vogue Knitting. Occasionally, I buy the interweave press mag...I have the new one! (spring '07)
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I would like to learn how to do entrelac, dye yarn, spin...the list goes on.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes, I am a sock knitter! I wear a size 91/2 US.
23. When is your birthday?
September 6th (born on Labor Day...appropriate, no???)

No comments: