We now know why BGE sent a letter stating that we are to have no power between 9am and 3pm tomorrow. (Not that we didn't have a clue, we've just gotten about 3 of these letters this summer and each one was canceled.)
Tomorrow, a crane is coming into the neighborhood to move the four pieces of the house into place on the foundation. The builder has yet to place the main support beam in...wonder when he plans on doing that???
In other topics...
- today was the first day of the 2007-2008 school year
- for me, the students were well behaved and my class sizes are in the normal range (other teachers are not so lucky...38 and counting when legally 34 is all we can have)
- still no word on WHEN we will be closing on the townhouse...we suppose that the mortgage company will want to have it done by Friday since that is the end of August (already?!?!)
- Grad school begins for the Fall Semester on Thursday...I'm looking forward to learning more about being a media specialist, being more than halfway through the program and the stress of it all
- my "year in dishcloths" was a big hit at the bridal shower in FL over the weekend-apparently everyone was amazed by my knitting skills...enough so that my cousin-in-law said that my skills were as good as grandma's! WOW!!! (That's high praise!)