09 August 2007

Secret Pal 11 Questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Lately, I've been working with some wool and some cotton. I'm not a big fan of novelty yarns, unless it is paired with something else. Other than that, I don't think there is a fiber that I absolutely do *not* like!

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I store my straight and dps in a needle case. My circs just get stuffed into my notions bag, since they're sock sized!

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I've been knitting for four years and I am self-taught. I would consider myself to be intermediate.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I do have an Amazon list...check out the side bar under "Secret Pal 11."

I also am wanting the chartkeeper from KnitPicks!

5. What's your favorite scent?
Coconut and Lime mixed together-makes me think of the Caribbean Islands

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I'm not much into candy, but I love nuts!

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I also scrapbook and will occasionally break out the sewing machine, but rarely! I do not spin, but would like to learn.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I have an iPod and my computer, etc. does play MP3s...I like all kinds of music but especially classic rock, 80s pop and current pop/rock

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
My favorite colors are blue and yellow. But I enjoy all colors!

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I have been married for 3 years to my wonderful hubby and have one cat.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
yes, yes, yes and no

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
socks and dishcloths...both are pretty quick to knit!

13. What are you knitting right now?
socks, a sweater (my first), dishcloths

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
YES!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I prefer bamboo in straight needles and addi turbo in circs...I have been trying out a pair of stretchy circs which I really like except for where the needle meets the cable.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
No, but I'm hoping to get them as a bday gift from my husband (I've dropped many a hint!)

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
Since January '07

18. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas, because I like to surprise everyone with my handmade gifts

19. Is there anything that you collect?
I collect elephants, but the herd has become quite large. There is a moratorium on any additions at the moment.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
See my wish list... as for mags, I have a subscription to Creative Knitting.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I'd love to learn to spin and dye my own yarn!

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I am a sock knitter and I wear a size 9½US

23. When is your birthday?
September 6th

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?
I've signed up, but have yet to get my invite...if that changes, I'll put that information here!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there! Is this your new questionnaire? I want to make sure that your SP12 experience is great! :)