03 July 2009

Secret Pal 14 Questionnaire

Once again, it's time for another round of Secret Pal. Here's my questionnaire...

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

Lately, I've been using a lot of sock yarns (mainly BFL, merino, bamboo). I cannot stand novelty yarns!!!!

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have three cases to store my needles in (one for straights and two for interchangeables)

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I've been knitting for about 5 1/2 years and I taught myself. I would consider myself to be of intermediate skill level

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes, on Amazon and Loopy Ewe...links are on the left (<---)

5. What's your favorite scent?
Coconut Lime Verbena (from Bath & Body Works)

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Yes, dark chocolate peanut m & m's and I LOVE cashews!!!

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I am learning how to spin and hope to purchase my first wheel soon!

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
All kinds...but lately I've been listening to the 70s channel on the TV
Yes, I can play MP3s.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I love all kinds of blues...there really isn't a color that I do not like!

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Married to Jason with a cat, Ophelia

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Yes, yes, yes, no

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
SOCKS! And right now baby blankets since everyone I know is having babies (a couple two at a time!)

13. What are you knitting right now?
2 baby blankets, 2 pairs of socks

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yes

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Circs, bamboo or metal

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Yes and yes

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
about three years...a sweater that I just have never gotten back to...but will soon!

18. What is your favorite holiday? What winter holiday do you observe?
Christmas (for both). I love the colors, the weather, getting together with family and friends

19. Is there anything that you collect?
Elephants and sock yarn

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
The Eclectic Sole
I have Creative Knitting and Interweave Knits subscriptions currently.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I'd love to do some entrelac...I'm always behind in trends!

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
YES! I wear a 9/12US

23. When is your birthday?
September 6th

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?
Yes, srapalmateer

No comments: