09 June 2008

Secret Pal 12

It's here! I've signed up and even got a message from my pal and sent one to my spoilee.

Here's my updated questionnaire:

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely not like? I love to knit with just about any kind of yarn except acrylic!

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? Straights are in a roll up thingy, circs are in a bag and the interchangeables are in their case

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I have been knitting for four years (self-taught) and consider myself to be an advanced intermediate

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Amazon and Loopy Ewe (see side bar)

5. What’s your favorite scent? Citrus

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Sugar free Reese’s cups/sugar free Dove chocolates or any kind of nuts

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? Scrapbooking has taken a backseat to knitting! At MDS&W, I purchased a drop spindle and some roving, but need to learn how to spin!

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I like ‘80s stuff and yes, MP3s can be played.

9. What’s your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can’t stand? I like just about all colors, but my fav(s) are blue (navy, cobalt, midnight) and yellow (butter)

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? Husband and 1 cat

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Yes, yes, yes, no

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? socks

13. What are you knitting right now? A baby blanket for my cousin (due in Sept.), socks (2 pair-late bday gifts)

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? yes

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Prefer circs-bamboo or addis

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? yes and yes

17. How old is your oldest UFO? About a year (started a sweater and just haven’t gotten back to it)

18. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas

19. Is there anything that you collect? Elephants (but my husband says that the herd is getting too large for the house!)

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I have yet to try Louets gems, Noro Sock and more (but the first two are high on my list to try!)

21. Are there any new techniques you’d like to learn? 2 socks at a time, magic loop

Currently, I use 1 circular to knit everything but the toe of the sock then switch to dpns.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Yes, I am! I wear a size 9 1/2 US

23. When is your birthday? September 6

24. What’s your Ravelry ID? srapalmateer

No comments: