25 October 2008

Rain, Rain, Rain...

go away and come back another day!

Okay...not really. I know we need the rain.
But it always makes me feel like I should stay in bed under the covers with a good book. Or be in front of a fireplace with a warm mug of hot cocoa.

If only...

Today, I'm in front of my computer working on various assignments for my internship. I am almost finished two of the 7! There are a couple of pieces that will not get finished today since I need pictures of displays, etc. from school. On the bright side, I do have a warm cup of caramel latte that Jason got for me at Starbucks. What a great hubby to go out in the rain and wind and get that for me!

I also made a stew/soup for lunch today-a twist on chicken noodle soup. Jason likes orzo in his chicken noodle soup and just a little liquid. I used some carrots, onions, celery, peas, turmeric, ginger, salt and pepper as well as come chicken stock and a little bit of water. Brought all of that up to a boil with the orzo and let it simmer. Then I tossed in some leftover rotisserie chicken. Yummy! (Especially on such a rainy, cool day!)

No comments: